Are you a homebuyer in today’s market, there are a lot of opportunities you may have that you are unaware of. This year we have seen a shift in the real estate market and it is proving to be more advantageous for buyers than the last two years.
Hi, I’m Tanja Odzak, Our East Bay Home and eXp Realty and I sell houses here in Oakland, Berkeley,and the East Bay.
So what does that mean for you as a buyer? In the last two years, the market has seen a buying frenzy where there was lack of inventory, multiple offers and buyers being outbid by hundreds of thousands of dollars which has been more beneficial to the seller. BUT because of the shift, today’s buyer is in a better negotiating position
So what are some items buyers can ask for in their purchase from a seller?:
- 2/1 Rate Buy Down is all the buzz these days. A 2/1 buydown program is a type of financing option to reduce your interest rate for the first two years of a mortgage. That means your interest rate is reduced by 2% the first yr and 1% of the second yr.
- Seller Closing Cost credit – Sellers can provide a credit to help buyers with their closing costs.
- Down Payment Assistance – There are several down payment options available today to assist buyers with their purchase, find out what you can qualify for.
- Seller concessions for repairs – Seller may be willing to do repairs needed from inspections or offer a credit
- Negotiation of price – sellers may be more willing to reduce their price in a slower market
Of course these are all negotiable items depending on the seller, and where and what you’re looking at. Its best to have a consult with me to see which options are most beneficial to your situation.
And ask me about my tiered home selling plans where you get to pick which real estate services you want and the fee you pay… Most of the them offering my super duper digital marketing that… no one else does in our area. I’m Tanja and I offer simplified and transparent choices!
I’m a Top Producing Realtor® in the OAKLAND / BERKELEY / EAST BAY AREA. I’ve been in the San Francisco East Bay Area since I came up to do my undergrad at UC Berkeley (a long time ago!), with a short stint at UC Davis while getting my Master’s. I take my duties as a Realtor® and Fiduciary very seriously, I enjoy educating my sellers and buyers along the way. Putting People, Before Profit.
Why not check out one of my no-obligation, online, On-Demand, virtual Real Estate Seminars?
Click here—> I WANT TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE *HOME BUYER* SEMINAR NOW
Click here—> I WANT TO GAIN ACCESS TO THE *HOME SELLER* SEMINAR NOW