Hey Homeowner! Are you thinking about selling your home and doing it on your own? If so, you’re not alone. Many homeowners just like you do it all the time. Some successfully and some… well, unfortunately not so successfully. My name is Tanja Odzak with Our East Bay Home, brokered by eXp Realty and I am going to share with you the benefits of both selling on your own and selling with a professional realtor. Most For Sale by Owners or FSBOs make the decision to do it themselves because they want to save money, but what they may not realize is that it could cost them more money.
- You’re in control-you get to decide the price, what gets repaired, who comes to view your home and who buys it. Not to mention you get to do all the paperwork, contracts, and disclosures (you need to make sure you don’t get sued) and hire the appraiser, title companies, inspectors, and the list goes on, and answer a constant ringing phone.
- Use your skills-maybe you are a seasoned marketer, negotiator, salesperson or have a keen eye with contracts. This is your chance to use your skills and shine.
- Time-Selling takes time and has a long list of responsibilities but you have the time and the patience to do what it takes to sell your home.
- They help you price your home to sell. They know the marketplace, do their research and price accordingly. They take into consideration things like the absorption rate and market climate and a lot of other variables that are important in pricing.
- Agents use their commission to market your home, take professional photos and advertise. Digital marketing is essential because you’ll maximize your exposure which inevitably will help you get the best price and terms for your home.
- Professional Agents are experts in their field. They handle the calls from potential buyers and their agents, qualify the buyers, answer questions from both buyers and sellers. They negotiate terms and price, handle the paperwork, contracts, disclosures and secure the safety of your home by only allowing qualified buyers to view your home. They also split their commission with the agent who brings the qualified buyer.
These are just some of the Pro’s to selling on your own or with an agent. So, if you’re on the fence about selling it on your own or hiring a professional, call me today and I’ll be happy to help you make an informed decision with no pressure. The decision is yours. Feel free to reach out anytime. Let’s connect and discuss your real estate goals and how we can achieve them together! This is Tanja Odzak with Our East Bay Home, brokered by eXp Realty.
I’m a Top Producing Realtor® in the OAKLAND / BERKELEY / EAST BAY AREA. I’ve been in the San Francisco East Bay Area since I came up to do my undergrad at UC Berkeley (a long time ago!), with a short stint at UC Davis while getting my Master’s. I take my duties as a Realtor® and Fiduciary very seriously, I enjoy educating my sellers and buyers along the way. Putting People, Before Profit.
Why not check out one of my no-obligation, online, On-Demand, virtual Real Estate Seminars?
Check out other videos in this Video Series on How to Sell Your Home on Your Own —> For Sale By Owner Guide For Sellers.