How do you make sure that you get to MOVE IN TO YOUR DREAM HOME, once you find it?OMG over the years I’ve seen and heard about so many buyers making these crucial mistakes after they’ve gone into contract with their dream home. Hi, I’m Tanja Odzak and my team and I work with buyers in the Oakland / Berkeley East Bay Area. Feel free to reach out to me if you’d like me to go into more detail on any of these.
Once you go into contract:
- DO NOT Change jobs , become self employed or quit your job.
- DO NOT buy a new car, van or truck or you may end up living in it.
- DO NOT use any charge cards, open new ones, or let your accounts fall behind.
- DO NOT spend any money you have set aside for closing.
- DO NOT omit any debt or liabilities from your loan application.
- DO NOT buy any furniture or other large purchases even if the payment is deferred until after closing.
- DO NOT allow any additional inquiries on your credit except for insurance purposes.
- DO NOT make any large deposits or take out any large deposits without first checking with your lender or your agent.
- DO NOT change bank accounts.
- DO NOT co-sign on a loan for anyone, no matter what, and be sure to tell your lender if you already are a co-signer for anyone, because that debt goes against you.
I hope this helps, we want to make sure that you understand how to keep your home and actually close once we help you find it. Because, it’s only ONCE YOU CLOSE… that you CAN MOVE IT! Give me a call or use the form below and I’ll be sure to give you more information about how to stay safe and assure we can close on your home once you’ve gotten your offer accepted.
Click here —> WANT TO BUY A HOME? COMPLETE THIS FORM
I’m a Top Producing Realtor® in the OAKLAND / BERKELEY / EAST BAY AREA. I’ve been in the San Francisco East Bay Area since I came up to do my undergrad at UC Berkeley (a long time ago!), with a short stint at UC Davis while getting my Master’s. I take my duties as a Realtor® and Fiduciary very seriously, I enjoy educating my sellers and buyers along the way. Putting People, Before Profit.
Are you also planning to sell your home while on the quest to buy a new one? Why not check out one of my no-obligation, online, On-Demand, virtual Real Estate Seminars?